"Do what you like and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
~ Dr. Suess

Sunday, May 26, 2013

National Young Leader's Day

Dream BIG Achieve MORE


That was the main message that really struck me on Thursday. It made me really think about my dreams and aspiration, what I really enjoy doing, and if I could have a future with it.
No matter how big your dreams are, you can always try and achieve them!

Hard work is the key to success  According to Dr Sharad Paul, you have to put in 10,000 hours of effort, in order to be the best!

That got me thinking... have I put in 10,000 hours to my passion? What is my passion? I thought lots about what I enjoy doing... Netball, writing, drama.... and making movies with my sister.
Ever since I was little, my sister and I would make movies. Little christmas videos for our cousins in america, mothers day videos for mum, random funny documentaries, that made absolutely no sense at all, but must of when we were little! I realized that maybe some day I would like to be in the movie business! Acting, that is my passion.  People may say that it's a hard dream to follow, that New Zealand is an impossible place to start an acting career, stick with something more realistic, but I am going to
Dream BIG and I will Achieve MORE.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful message Sophie. I can just see you in the movie business - an actress perhaps, especially after your golden globe skit performance at camp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me so proud Sophie. Your movies with Kate are awesome and we will always treasure them!

    You both have amazing talent, and I can see you in an acting or movie career. Shortland St look out! You are a great actress, but I am also pleased that you are being realistic - it's a hard career to get into in NZ. That doesn't mean you don't try. You still DREAM BIG! Join a drama club while at Uni perhaps. Continue making movies - we have to look out for more movie competitions.

    I soo hope you follow your passion and continue to make us laugh in your home movies! xxx

    ReplyDelete