"Do what you like and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
~ Dr. Suess

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Speeches

On Thursday, I said my speech in front of Marama. My topic is "The Evolution of Language." It has the different 'Slang' language that each decade used commonly. My speech starts of with my generation, and how use use the word 'like' a lot and also text language. It then goes into the 90's, and also the 70's. I then go all the way back to the Shakespearean era! I am really proud of my speech, because it is informative, but also humorous! I made it into the Hauraki Plains speech finals, as well as Oscar!
Mr Fraser also got me to say my speech in front of the school at Assembly, which was nerve wracking, but I managed to get through it!!
I can't wait until the speech finals which is on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment